We have a sharp blue classic Jaguar XKE II convertible for sale This is a very original Series II E-type roadster; it is a second owner vehicle; the current owner purchased it in 1972 when it was only two years old, thus he has owned it for 35 years.
Like all Series II roadsters it includes the enhanced comfort features that are not found on the earlier E-types; including but not limited to the more comfortable seats, the synchronized 4-speed transmission, more foot room, etc. The car also has power-steering, a very rare option for a six cylinder XKE.
This classic Jaguar XKE II only has 54k original miles since new, which is documented. The car is finished in Jaguar Light Blue, a blue interior, and a new black convertible top. The floors and undercarriage are extremely solid. There is still some original paint under the floor mats! There is a small area with a little rust behind the rear wheels as shown in the close-up gallery. The rest of the body is in very good condition. The interior is original including the carpeting, the entire engine bay is original, and much of the paint is original.
As you can see by the photos the interior is in very good shape considering it is a 40 year old classic. It's obvious the car has been well cared for. This beautiful XKE was recently mechanically serviced by “Special Interest Auto”, a shop with extensive experience in servicing and restoration of classic Jaguars. They did a compression test and found all 6 cylinders very strong.
As outlined above, this car is a very correct and an original Low Mile Jaguar. Following are details outlining the vehicles condition:
* All original heat shields, lower and upper, still intact
* Original stone guards
* Front cage intact and in excellent condition
* All original hose clamps and cable ties still intact
* Original Engine - matching numbers
* Like most E’s, the engine does leak oil - driving it may cause the gaskets to swell some and prevent it from leaking
* Power steering!
* Original radio in excellent operating condition
* Original, and rare, passenger foot rest
* Original interior, including seats, carpeting, dash pad and control panel
* Original dash and control panel in good condition
* Front license plate bracket assembly still in place
* Original wheels are in excellent condition, including an original wheel in the trunk that has never been used
* Tires are in excellent condition
* Wheel in trunk has never been used - still has factory praline moisture protection coating on the wheel
* Original boot cover; in excellent condition
* Top is NEW and the correct Jaguar replacement
The January CPI Value lists a SR II XKE Roadster Jaguar (Condition 2) at $76,000.00. This is a $3000.00 increase from the previous issue two months prior. Like all of the XKE's they are continuing to climb in collector value. The low mileage, and it’s originality, make this XKE an excellent buy.
|Jaguar XKE II Body Gallery||Jaguar XKE II Close-Up Gallery|
Below is the NADA Guide for this fine Jaguar XKE II E-Type Convertible.
A nice "Average Retail" Jaguar XKE Roadster.